Children are expected to:
• Keep within the defined boundary of the HOPE event.
• Behave and listen to all instructions from the leaders.
• Take care of equipment owned by HOPE.
• Refrain from the use of bad language or racial/sectarian references.
• Refrain from bullying or persistent use of rough and dangerous play.
• Show respect to other players and volunteers.
• Keep themselves safe.
• Report inappropriate behaviour or risky situations for players.
• Play fairly.
• Show appropriate loyalty to their team and be gracious in defeat
Children/Young people have the right to:
• Be safe and listened to.
• Be respected.
• Enjoy your sport/activity in a protective environment.
• Be protected from abuse by other members or outside sources.
• Participate on an equal basis, appropriate to their ability.
• Experience competition and the desire to win.
• Be believed when asking for help.
Any misdemeanours and general misbehaviour will be addressed by the event leader and reported verbally to the team captain. Persistent misbehaviour will result in the child being asked to return home. Parents/guardians will be informed and asked to collect their child.